Costa da Morte,
an experience of nature, sea and culture
The “Costa da Morte” (Coast of Death) is full of beautiful places to visit that you should not miss. If you click on the following link you will find INTERACTIVE MAPS that will help you plan your trip:
At the following address you can find the best beaches, roads and trails, rivers and estuaries, viewpoints, natural areas, ornithology, museums, lighthouses, civil and religious architecture, megaliths and forts, adventure, water sports, and ….. MUCH MORE!:
If what you are looking for is to practice activities in contact with nature and nautical-sports activities, here you will find the contact and information of companies that offer these services.
What to see in Lires
- Beach of Lires.
- Beaches of Area Grande and Area Pequena.
- Lires and Castro Rivers.
- Estuary of Lires (the smallest in Galicia).
- Camino Fisterra – Muxía: Stage 7 of the Camino de Santiago.
- Route of the Lighthouses: Stage 8: Nemiña – Finisterre.
- Hiking routes:
- Meigha Lirea: circular route of 11 kms. 3 hours: https://www.liresca.com/en/blog/did-you-know-one-of-the-best-hiking-trails-on-the-coast-of-death-is-in-lires.
- Lires – Fisterra: 16 kms. 4 hours.
- Lires – Muxía: 12 kms. 3 hours.
- Lires – Nemiña: 6 kms. 2 hours. Circular route aon foot, starting from the village of Lires and arriving at Nemiña beach. https://gl.wikiloc.com/rutas-sendeirismo/ruta-circular-lires-nemina-87514563
- Lires – Ruibo: 4 kms. 90 minutes.
- MTB Routes: Among them The Muxia – Olveiroa – Cee – Lires – Frixe – Muxia MTB Route.
- Church of Santo Estevo de Lires.
- Popular festivities: such as the festivity in honour of the patron Santo Estevo (Saint Stephen) in the last week of December, or the traditional Galician dance festival and the folk music festival that take place during the month of May.
Just a few minutes
- 2 minutes across the beach at low tide.
- 10 minutes.
- Surfing lessons: make your reservation at LiresCa.
- 40 minutes for a walk that runs through lush forests.
- 5 minutes.
CEE: 10 minutes.
- Fernando Blanco Foundation Museum.
- Fernando Blanco de Lema Botanical Garden.
- Street Market (Sundays).
CORCUBIÓN: 10 minutes.
- Historic Town.
FINISTERRE: 15 minutes.
- The Cape and the Lighthouse.
- Village and port.
- Fish market.
- San Carlos Castle / Fishing Museum.
- Street market (Tuesdays and Fridays, excluding bank holidays).
- Boat trip: make your reservation at LiresCa.
ÉZARO: 20 minutes.
- Ézaro Waterfall.
- Center for the Interpretation of Electricity.
- Mount Pindo.
- Kayaking tour (night and day) by the waterfall and surroundings of Ézaro: make your reservation at LiresCa.
MUXÍA: 20 minutes.
- Conger drying.
- Port and town.
- Volunteer Museum.
- Sanctuary of A Virxe da Barca.
- Moraime Monastery.
- Touriñán Lighthouse.
- Street market (Tuesdays and Fridays).
VIMIANZO: 20 minutes.
- Castle of Vimianzo.
- Mosquetín Mills.
- Route of the Dolmens.
- Street market (Thursdays).
CABANA DE BERGANTIÑOS: 40 minutes.
- Dombate Dolmen.
- Castro de Borneiro (Castro A Cibdá).
CAMARIÑAS: 50 minutes.
- Vilán Lighthouse.
- Cemetery of the English.